Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just get on with it...

Hello,
I've made an important decision.

After several years - 5, 6, maybe 7 years - I am now serious about writing a complete novel.

I've been phaffing around at this novel writing business for TOO LONG! Life is too short to keep saying I'm going to do something without actually doing it. So the phrase of the day is: Just get on with it!

So here I am. A published writer, sure, with numerous articles, newsletters and magazines to my credit. Literally thousands of words written over the past ten years I've had my own business as a freelance writer and PR consultant.

But have I finished writing a whole book??? No... I've got chapters and plots and notes and character interviews and that's all very well, but all that does not make a completed, readable, potentially-saleable novel. And that makes me seeth with annoyance at myself. All I'm doing is letting myself down and this will stop. Now, today, this very minute...

As a member of Romance Writers of New Zealand, Romance Writers of America and RWA Mystery Suspense Chapter, I've been tapping into some serious veins of excellent knowledge for some time.

Now is the time to put that knowledge to good use -- for me -- and if you're working on writing your first novel too, perhaps some of these ideas, comments, facts and references will be of use to you too.

So let's get started.

Let's take this fantastic, magical, challenging, heart-stopping journey towards writing THE END...with about 80,000 finely-crafted words before that wonderful phrase, of course!

Happy writing
Cate

No comments:

Post a Comment